(Listen to this post by clicking the player above, or continue reading below. Or both!)
When you make life easier, better, or more profitable for your customers, they’ll be inclined to buy more from you.
Let me show you why.
A few weeks ago I walked into my favorite cafe in our Spanish village. The owners are pretty meticulous when it comes to the decor and ambiance of their place.
So I was a bit surprised to find a giant green beer refrigerator in front of the daily display of available tapas.
Frankly, it was unattractive. And it took up a lot of space.
So I asked:
“Why in the heck do you have this ugly thing out front?”
(Well, maybe I was a bit nicer than that.)
The owner’s response surprised me, but it shouldn’t have.
“Oh, that’s a loaner from San Miguel for the fiesta.”
You see, we were just a few days out from the biggest holiday of the year in my village. Thousands of people from all over Spain would throng the streets for 24-36 hours to take part in the village’s patron saint day and concert, and this cafe would do a booming business—if it could keep up with demand.
The beer company, San Miguel, loaned the cafe a giant beer refrigerator just for this fiesta.
She didn’t ask for it. They offered.
And when they did, she bought a huge order of beer from them to fill it up.
San Miguel won big for a few reasons.
- Customer Score: They made it easy for their client to succeed on a big day
- Business Boost: The customer naturally filled the cooler with San Miguel beer instead of the competition’s beer
- Quick ROI: San Miguel’s initial investment in refrigerators can be shared among hundreds or thousands of customers for years to come
And all San Miguel had to do was anticipate client needs and come up with a simple way to make it easy to do business together.
What can you do to make life easier for your customers?
You don’t have to buy a warehouse full of beer refrigerators. You can anticipate customer needs in a variety of free and low-cost ways.
Here are some ideas:
- Send Reminders: Mark your calendar to offer timely help in anticipation of holidays, tax season, start of school, new year, etc., as well what your individual clients specifically tell you about their future plans.
- Solve Problems: What are the biggest hurdles to success for your customers? Offer them free checklists, problem-solving tips, and planning advice so they succeed.
- Reveal Secrets: Show your customers how to gain the most benefit from what you sell in a step-by-step way. Videos, PDFs, and customer success stories are great tools for teaching.
- Make Connections: Who provides what your customers need before or after they buy from you? Make those introductions and share those websites!
- Share News: Read something new and exciting that applies to your customers? Share it! When you show you’re paying attention to their interests,they’ll have more trust in you.
Can I help you distill your best customer advice into a landing page, lead magnet, or email series for your clients?
Click here to check out my package and a la carte pricing. Or simply click the button below to tell me what you need. I’m ready to help you!